Pages

Friday 25 August 2017

LO-Understand what the 5 senses and prepare for/carry out an experiment         8/24/17  & 8/25/17

Aim-To carry out what this experiment safely and fun with it plus by showing them what our senses could.


Equipments-Five Pennies,cups ,tables
Image result for penniesImage result for cupsImage result for table

Method-
  1. Put a cup in front of your partner. It should be about 2 feet away from him or her.
  2. Ask your partner to close one eye.
  3. Hold one of the pennies in the air about 18 inches above the table. Move it around slowly.
  4. Tell your partner that you'll drop the penny whenever he or she says, "Drop it!" The idea is for your partner — with one eye closed — to judge when the penny is over the cup so the penny will drop into the cup.
  5. Give your partner five tries with one eye closed, then five tries with both eyes open. Which way worked best?
To be safe not to swallow the pennies


The flag expirement 

Aim-

3 comments:

  1. Hey Carl,
    What an awesome experiment! How did it go? Which sense do you think this experiment is showing?
    This reminds me of when I am at the optometrists and have to shut one eye and read the letters! I find that I am way better with one eye than the other!
    To make this post more interesting you could add a reflection at the bottom of how it went! You could also give it an interesting title e.g. "A test for your senses!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carl,


    I liked your blog post because you added pictures to show the people what to use.


    This reminds me of times when I would put coins on my eyes and pretend I had no eye’s.
    Maybe next time you should add why you did because people would want to know, they will think, did he have a reason for posting this ?
    Would you make a video for this ?

    Kind regards Ian.

    Canterbury

    Yaldhurst Model School.






    Kind regards Ian.

    Canterbury

    Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.