Pages

Thursday 21 February 2019

Language Features (Onomatopoeia)

Onomatopoeia-the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named 
- Onomatopoeia is a word that imitates the sound that it represents
Image result for example of onomatopoeia
Examples of onomatopoeia
-Boom                                 -Squeak
-Hoot                                   -Groan
-Zoom                                  -Vroom
-Buzz                                   - Splash
-Tap Tap Tap                       - Pow

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.