Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2019

English (Simile and metaphor)

Definition of Similes and metaphors

Both similes and metaphors are forms of analogy; they are descriptive figures of speech.

Simile- Simile is like comparing one thing to another by using "as" or "like"
*Example of similes
- Her face is like a wrecking ball
- He eats like dog
- He is as good as pro
- She is as cool as a wolf
- Jason is as strong as Elephant


Metaphor- A metaphor is like simile but directly stating it.
*Examples of Metaphors
- I am a dog
- He is an elephant
- She is an icicle
- He is pig
- I am weak

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carl, something about your post that I liked was, that you were able to explain and give examples of what a Simile and Metaphor are, I also like that you were descriptive on what they are.

    But I also think you should work on your grammar, other than that it is really good.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.